Labels

Dogs Weekend family walking spring Birthday Vintage Sunset christmas easter love shopping Autumn Cake Friday Hospital. LSP Sunday Valentines baby's books cleaning cooking cycle soup Afternoon Tea Antiques Black and White Movies Brighton Hat Lent Photographs Roast's Scotland bedroom chocolate brownie's. cold friend fund-raising gym headache migraine presents rain sickness slow cooker. vet weekends winter Aerobics Bake Blogging Candles Cath Kidston Glasgow Global Corporate Challenge Knitting Party Sad Sewing Snow Wedding bulbs bus change cow's daffodils eastbourne fireplace. flower's food friends garden gardening geocaching gerbil holiday lambs lie Ins lunch nurse park photography pillow case pink scone sick day. stress sun tidy tree walk wine work 1940's. Hats 1945. 40 day challenge ;ove A-Z Afternoon. Austria Bank holiday Beddles Bestie Brief Encounter Bristol Bugsy Malone Cambodia Capers Charity shops Charity. Children Chintz Chris Moyles Cinema Doctor's Dreaming Dressing Up Fitness Fun GCC God Gynaecology Hen Home Jack Daniels Jackdaw Jaffa cakes Jam Job cuts. Ladybird. Laura Ashley Liberty London Marlborough Morning Moving NHS Nan PCOS Purple Purple tights Radio 4 Relatives Religion Ritz Royal Wedding Santa Saturday Selfridge's Sins. Sleep Spring Cleaning Strawberry Daiquiri Sunday Roast Tea party Temple Theatre Tyrolean Roulette Unbirthday Vietnam Views Vincent Price Wales Windsor. Woman's Weekly Zorbing adverts apple apple blossom baby. bargin bear bed. black hole blanket blogger award blue blue sky bluebells boxes breakfast bunnies butterfly's butteries cabinet. biscuit candle. swapping car boot sale cats chair charity cherry blossom chicken's. country chicken's. recipe china christmas tree circuit training classic cars cocktail comic relief cornish yarg cuddles cupcake. cushion cycle. autumn. view daisies dancing. dandelion day off days off friends. decorating dew disco dreams ducks earth hour eggs facts about me farmers market feet. fire fish flora and purl flower's. flowers food. gate genesis research trust get well give-away glass goat goats graveyard hats head. hiccup holiday's horse hot chocolate hotels indulgence kitchen last parade lemon verbena tea lemonade library lion list loft luxury magnolia manipulation massage me meat. moon mother mousetrap museum neverwhere new dress new life new year new years eve niece night nostalgia nurses oatcakes otter's outing parade pearl's pedicure pie pigeon pins postcard pudding quiet raffle rainbow reading reflection. roly poly roses scavenger hunt school play. scones security shell shoots shopping. motorbike shops sister sister. smile sneeze socks spam spoons spring. stargazing statue steps study sunglasses tagged takeaway. tea technology the 13th. frost. time tip top toast tulip's tv unicycle unremarkable urban venison walking. walks wallpaper wardrobe washing weather window winter food woods. sun. worst week

Sunday, 27 November 2011

All wrapped up.

Well, that's the Christmas Shopping done. just a couple of things to wrap and we are all sorted.


I love Christmas, a lot. however, I cannot abide all the hustle and bustle of shopping in December.
My Christmas shopping is done in the sales and we always have a present box in the house. some things we buy with people in mind and other's are just nice things that will get a home with someone at some point.

All of the cards and wrap are bought in the sales in January/February. However when we looked at all of the cards we possibly have enough for the next 2 years. !



I do go mad at Christmas. Lots of gifts, lots of decorations and good quality food.

I think our day is quite typical.

The day starts with present opening.

Then Breakfast of fresh fruit, Brioche and croissants.

I then retire to the Kitchen where I will cook for the next few hours. I love it. LSP and the children will play with their presents while I am basting, boiling and roasting.

We then sit and eat lunch. LSP and the children do the washing up and then  we watch the Queens speech.

We keep the fire lit all day and it is a very relaxed day.

Our most unusual Christmas was one we shared with a friend.

Our Christmas morning started as usual,  however at 12.00 we packed up the roast turkey, trimmings, roast veg, stuffing and veg into container's.

Packed it into the car and drove into town to a friends house, where we unpacked it all again.

We then had a shared Christmas, there were the 5 of us and the 3 of them. They made the starters and puddings and we brought the main. It went very well and included the most amazing trifle, which pleased SE as its his favourite pudding.

I am sat, listening to the Sunday service on the radio. Its the first Sunday of Advent. I am going to wrap up the last of the presents.

I hope all of your preparations are going well.



(for the regular readers of my blog. Youngest Daughter is recovering. She is still quite weak but in a lot less pain.My Big Sister is recovering and adjusting to living with gall stones and is adjusting to the change in her diet. My Nan is still in Hospital, she has recovered as much as she can in hospital and now just needs to go home. There will need to be adjustments to her care package as she will need some more help at home for a while)

 

4 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Good morning :)

I wish I was organised enough to buy cards/wrap in the sales. So far this year I havent even got any - I think there's some left from last year somewhere, I ought to start looking.

Your christmas day sounds lovely - ours starts @ 7am with mugs of tea in bed and the boys opening their stockings. Must confess by the time the Queen comes on TV, MrVV & I are lightly dozing!!! and sometimes the boys too.

Glad to read the everyone is getting better - hope your Nan is home for christmas xx

Tracy Glover said...

Wow Saphy, you have done well. I have done bugger all and will probably have to contend with the crowds, yikes.
Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend. I am sure she is loving getting lots of tlc from you.
I like the sound of Christmas shared with someone else. I have had quite a few Christmases with friends in the past and they were a lot of fun. xxx

Lyn said...

oooh I got rid of my Gall bladder because of stones and so don't miss that pain!
you are so well organised, I have quite a few of my pressies but none wrapped.We also have a present box to fill throughout the year.
xxx

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Gosh you are organised .... I try every year and fail miserably! After some threats that I was going to the Indian for my Christmas dinner looks like my lot are taking their turn in the kitchen with the assistance of M & S Simply Food ..... Think its my year off after doing 30 of them x