South Pacific.
It was amazing. The cast was fantastic. Samantha Womak made a wonderful Nellie, but I was blown away by, Emile played by Paulo Szot. We were very lucky to see him as he was part of the original Broadway (2008) cast and won a Tony award for his performance. he had only done the past couple of weeks in Oxford and although South Pacific is continuing to tour, this is his last performance. His voice was amazing and his rendition of "some enchanted evening" will stay with me forever.
The other songs were good as well, I am going to wash that man right out of my hair, there is nothing like a dame and Happy Talk.
Being new years eve before the curtain come down the cast and audience all sang Auld lang Syne. It was great and brought a tear to my eye.
Before we went to the theatre there was time for a shop and some lunch.
Yes it had to be Cath... My Bag of lovely purchases....including, christmas candle holder, paperchains for next year, enamel jug, square oilskin bag and a new shoulder bag. along with a new diary I bought yesterday thats all my Christmas money gone now. (but am very lucky and love all my things.)
Oxford is very special to LSP and I as we both studied there. However, it still does not stop me snapping away like a tourist every time we go.
for Lunch we went to the Grapes.
A lovely pub opposite the Theatre with good priced pub grub.
It was a fantastic way to spend the last day of the year.
So a Happy New Year to all of you and all the best for 2012.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
9 comments:
That looks so much fun- you really deserved a special end to the year. Have a fab 2012 xx
What a wonderful way to see out the year. Wishing you a creative 2012. Fiona xx
Wow what a great finish to the year! I don't know Oxford that well but I do know South Pacific, my mum use to play the LP every Sunday while she was doing the ironing!
Happy New Year to you
xxx
Happy new year to all of you, love your photos.
looks like a truly fab way to see out 2011!
Happy New Year!
Helenxx
Aw how lovely! What a treat. The pub looks so cosy and lovely. They just don't do pubs like that here.
I love the pics of Oxford. My friend lived there for a bit when he was studying there.
Lovely Cath shop, swoon. i like your goodies, especially the candleholder. I have been coveting it online.
Happy new year. xxx
Happy New Year to you too,I love all your CK purchases,I was given a diary for Christmas,and I'm hoping to pop in to one of her shops with my Xmas money soon!
I bet those songs from South Pacific are still ringing in your ears...lovely. :0)
Happy New Year Saphy, wishing you a truly remarkable 2012 !
I'm being treated to South Pacific when the tour gets to Southampton. I'm so glad you enjoyed it - can't wait to see it now!!!
K xx
Post a Comment