The day started with Packing up Christmas. LSP and I have been getting what is needed for next year and we have been able to pack it away in our new Christmas Tidy.
How amazing is that!!! It contains all the things we will need early, before the decorations go up. There are 10 rolls of wrapping paper, 80 Christmas cards and dozens of stickers and tags as well as lovely ribbon. we also have space for the stockings and sacks. I love it.
Next, the taking down and packing away of the ornaments.
(it took more than twice as long as to put them up)
Its my own fault, we have 2 tree's and 3 garlands all of which are decked with baubles and ornaments. I could not bear the thought of any of them getting broken, so all of the glass baubles get put back into their boxes before being packed away in the bigger boxes. We have one box for the sitting room ornaments and one for the dining room. it makes it a lot easier. (Yes I can be quite sad and anal, this is why LSP is long suffering).
We had a surprise call at lunch time as GFM and her Faïence (I think that's how its spelt) were passing through so we met for a spot of lunch.
Now we had invited OD and ODBH for Dinner this evening as it was New Years Day. Now when we were planning dinner I did not take into account that Pat on Eastender's would be breathing her last. So dinner was turned down while I sat cross legged on the floor watching her go. I felt Sad, Sad for the loss of a character who I enjoyed watching each week. It also made me think of those who were close to me who had passed on.
This resulted in a dinner of well done roasties, slightly tough meat and the veg was a bit mushy and cold. but never mind it was all edible.
The red and silver wrappers were from where LSP, OD, ODBH and YD had a competition to see who could break into a Kinder chocolate Santa and assemble the toy the fastest.
This lead onto more organised games.
We had a fab game of Articulate, we played old vs young, it was hilarious and LSP and I won.
After this we turned our attention to LSP's new game Tyrolean Roulette. LSP collects wooden and vintage games. This was modern and from Aldi.
you spin the spinner and it knocks the balls into the holes. Simple but great fun. natural balls are worth their face value green are double and red are minus. It was great fun and tested the mental arithmetic. (I won)
So it has been a very fab (but busy) day. its now 1 hour past my bedtime and I am only just finishing my blog for the day. night night all.
oh and RIP Pat.
xxx
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun (apart from Pat breathing her last!!)
I am in awe of your organised approach to planning for Christmas - if I buy anything for next year I always forget where I put it by the time I need it!
Helenxx
Loving the Christmas Tidy! What a great idea. I too am in awe of your organised planning for Christmas! xx
Post a Comment