well unless I have the ability to turn back time.
So I am now trying to plan the next few weeks/months.
Work has been very busy and as you can see from my blogs in the last week or so I have been having a few late nights and was planning to get the slow cooker out more....
Yesterday, instead of clearing the loft, I embarked on a major cooking session.
These are the ingredients for Somerset pork,(except the swede)
some roast chops , the base for shepherds pie and swede for clapshot.
2 portions of minced pork with onions, peppers and mushroom for use in chilli and spagbol.
2 finished shepherds pies with a roast pork joint.
cooked somerset pork, clapshot, and some bacon and veg soup..
There was also a bacon joint and some sausages that I cooked off without photographing.
So the meals for the week are sorted. Sunday,roast pork (as above)
Monday, the rest of the roast pork heated with rice, shallots, lemon and garlic with sweetcorn. tasted great, I just forgot to photograph it!
Now in the freezer we have, 9 meals for four ready to go, that is not including the soup and soup ingredients still in the fridge. Also in the freezer is a chicken for Sunday lunch next week. so my plan is to go to Aldi for some veggies, fruit, yogurt and milk and that is it.
I hope to make some time in the week for me. i am going to try and have 1 day per month off to spend with LSP and 1 day to spend with friends. I want to make a nice lunch and have a leisurely lunch giggling at the table, having time to have conversations that last more than 5 minutes.
my days with LSP will be trips out for us, we have planned January and February and I am looking at March.
Also the need to plan to get our brood round the same table at the same time and to try and enjoy things together that are not about shopping! (the joy of having daughters) I love shopping I would like to do other things as well.
So my way of creating time is about planning. I am making time by fixing time. putting time aside and planning for it.
Have a good week. x
1 comment:
You have been busy - I used to batch cook like that pre-children - meant we could come home from work and there was a freezer full of home-made meals. I really should start doing that again - especially with chillis/bol sauces - would save so much time.
Post a Comment