She has been responsible for my lovely afternoon tea books that I was lucky enough to have for my Christmas and birthday presents.
Afternoon tea is so fab, I love the whole ritual and am glad that I am able to do this from time to time.
So last night and this morning was spent, cooking and baking and preparing.
We have a delightful mismatch of china that we have accumulated over the years. So here are the pictures of our tea.
For Sandwiches I made, Ham, Smoked Salmon with soft cheese and of course cucumber. Along with an egg and watercress roll.
I have decided to put in my wish book a pair of serving tongs as well as some sugar tongs. (I have a little handbag book that reminds me of things I want/need. It has useful measurement's in as well such as the collar size of my father in law and the size of the dining room fireplace.)
Now I have to work on my scones because these were a little to moist and a bit flat, they tasted nice enough and I served them with clotted cream and strawberry jam.
For the pastry's I made some little tarts, they were made with a sweet pasrty, some sweetend cream and fresh fruit. they tasted lovely, However they could have been a little more pretty.
They tasted scrummy.
Now the 2 cakes under the tartlets on the stand are a rich dark and white chocolate brownie and a honey and poppy seed mini loaf cake.
Brownies are yum and the loaf cakes go very nicely with the tea. I made 4, but 1 sliced was more than enough for the tea table.
Finally I made cup cakes.
Now I need to improve upon my icing as it does look like it was done by a 5 year old. However the contents were yum.
It was not just the food that made it such a nice afternoon, it was the company and the whole ritual of afternoon tea, the good linen, the nice china, taking time and conversing. A very nice way to spend the afternoon and a perfect antidote to a horrid day the day before.
Hope you all have a happy week. x
8 comments:
oooh it all looks lovely- you are the hostess with the mostest!
And it was lovely...although my waistline is suffering now!!!
Oh my, how beautiful! It all looks so amazing. I love your china.Such pretty cups and I love your teapot. Happy birthday belatedly, I couldn't comment before. xxx
I'm sorry you've had such a rotten couple of days and really hope things get better ASAP xx
Oh my goodness this looks wonderful! What an utterly delightful way to spend an afternoon. (PS I love your handbag notebook idea too!) xx
What a lovely thing to do, made me feel quite hungry seeing all those scrummy cakes!
Good to hear that you had a better day.
Helenxx
Tea time is fun time! Yours looks amazingly lovely! Hugs to you for a great week..thank you for visiting me the other day.
hiya!
your afternoon tea looks beautiful- I'm going to do one next Monday for 6 girlfriends and I'm really looking forward to it- like you, I love the "theatre" of afternoon tea.
On practising with my scones I found that some flours need slightly less milk than in the recipe, and I needed to roll them to double the height they suggest in the books to get a nice looking size rather than flatties.
Sorry to read of your upset, having trust broken is very sad I know but in the longterm that person will still be helped by your immense kindness- the penny has to drop sometime for us all
Have a good, Fresh Start wek
x
Mmmmmm........ i want tea!!!
Post a Comment