Lust,
Gluttony,
Greed,
Sloth,
Wrath,
Envy,
Pride.....
These are the 7 deadly sins.....and This Christmas, Gluttony, Greed and Sloth have all been in attendance with me, what about you?
I have indulged myself with lots of lovely food, its been a comfort, rightly or wrongly. I also have not been very active. the dark nights have not helped my cycling as I do not like road cycling in the dark, wet and cold. I have very much let the diet and exercise slacken off.
so as my brownies warm in the oven (gluttony) and I put my feet up on the sofa (sloth) and think about my shopping trip this weekend (greed) I am thinking about how to turn this around in the new year.
As for each of the 7 sins there are also 7 virtues.
for Lust there is Chastity,
For Gluttony, Temperance
For Greed, Charity
For Sloth, Diligence
For Wrath, Patience
For Envy, kindness
and for Pride there is humility.
So instead of saying I am going to make a host of new years resolutions about going to the gym every week and losing 2 stone in weight, it is much better to look at being more Temperate, Diligent and Charitable.
I think it is a good idea to be more virtuous all round......so as well as being more Temperate, Diligent & Charitable I would like to be more Patient, Kind and Humble.....I think this will be good for me for the coming year.
(oh yes you may have seen, I am giving chastity a rest lol.)

1 comment:
Good plan!
Post a Comment