we are lucky in our village that we retain a post office. We went in today to send our Christmas cards and Post the packages.
How would we know that it would take 25 minutes. !!!!
6 parcels, 8 overseas cards, and a stack of UK cards to be posted.
(should not have taken 25 minutes)
all the rest of the cards will be dropped off by hand.
In the post Christmas Sales we do not need to buy any more Christmas Cards. We have enough in the box. I need to remember this when I see pretty cards. We do need Paper! we are down to the last roll. it did get tense. I did buy a roll of full price wrap this year when we went to John Lewis. I could not resist as it has bunting on it. This was lucky as we would have ran out.
All of the presents have been tidied away, well those that have not been posted far and wide.
(happy full snowmen)
so after disrupting the whole village, we took oldest daughter to the shops. (although LSP and I finished our Christmas Shopping, the rest of the family have not)
Its great the feeling of wandering around with no pressure. no need to buy, no need to queue, just to enjoy looking.
oh and fitting in a hot chocolate and mince pie.....
I was tempted to buy for me as Kirsty Alsopp's Craft was only 12.99 and they had some lovely knitting books. however. I resisted. there is nothing in it that I cant find on the internet.
Also this morning when I was tidying I realised how full the bookshelf is! I am going to have to treat the bookshelves like the cookbooks and will be operating a 1 in 1 out policy! so any purchases will have to be carefully considered.
After a stroll round TKMaxx...OD still had not found what she was looking for so.
We ventured to Matalan. I am not the biggest fan of Matalan, but did find something to make me smile...
(No I did not buy one as they did not do double's or king's)
Well that's all the shopping, wrapping, packing, posting stress out of the way.
December will be spent catching up with friends and sorting out the food....oh and putting up the decorations.
The highlight of the day? (apart from spending time with the family)
Beautiful Sky!
1 comment:
Hello Saphy, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. How wonderful to have all your cards written and posted and all the presents wrapped - they look lovely up on that high shelf. No wonder you needed the hot chocolate and mince pie after spending 25 minutes in the post office:)
Post a Comment