Today we were supposed to be staying in but we switched our plans as there is going to be snow.
This morning, as Saturday Mornings often do started with housework. Stripping beds, dusting, tidying, organising, sorting etc.
I turned my attention to my wardrobe which had become a jumbled mess. The idea was take the mess, put things in a bad for the charity shop and tidy what's left.
Sorted!
I managed a full bag for the charity shop and then once I had finished in the bedroom, I went into the loft and picked up the 3 other bags I had sorted from there as well as 6 bags for the recycling centre.
By the time all this was done it was lunch time, so LSP and I tucked into cheese with oatcakes and onion marmalade.
Ok, so it was 12.30
We had to go to the charity shop, the recycling centre, TKmaxx and Tesco and be back in time for the Rugby at 5pm.
Charity shop, 4 bags in, nothing came out and we have sorted out gift aid for our donations.
Recycling centre, no queue. (well it was freezing cold) 6 bags of rubbish out of the house and recycled.
TKmaxx, I went as I heard on blogger that they may have had some CK delivered. Alas none to the one by us. However, I did see an amazing rug.
All made from old mens tie's. An idea I will steal.
Ok so all there was left to do was Tesco. Now, it seemed like the whole world wanted to get to Tesco before the Rugby started. It was horrible. I was on my own as while we were out one of the bulbs in the car had gone so LSP went to get it fixed while I trugded round the aisles. Every now ans then we have to do a Tesco shop to stock up on the things that Aldi and Lidl do not sell such as no salt Bisto and orkney oatcakes.
I was in there for so long, it felt like I was in Purgatory, I did not even fill a large trolley, I wanted to get finished so we could get back for the Rugby.
We did get back, in time.
LSP decamped to the sofa to sit and watch the Rugby. I have very little interest in the Rugby, Just the result. (go England)
I settled LSP with,
and got on with the other jobs.
It amazing what you can achieve during a rugby match.
I lit the fire, unpacked the shopping, made the dinner, made the beds, hung up 2 loads of washing, folded the dry washing reloaded the washing machine and got in some coal.
All the time that I was doing this I thought about how much I love being a wife, doing wifely things, the cooking and shopping etc I love making a comfy home for us to share.
However I am not technically a wife.
LSP and I are not married. not because we do not want to be.
Because it is not allowed. My Long Suffering Partner is a Woman.
We have been together for 15 years and have been in a civil partnership for the past 5 years.
There is nothing different about our relationship to a hetrosexual relationship. Our tasks and labour is divided. I cook, we clean, LSP does the finances, drives the car, sorts out the dogs, washes up, cleans the drains, mows the lawn etc, I do everything I blog about doing.
The world has changed a lot over the 15 years we have been together, we have raised 2 children, been able to be recognised as partners. Attitudes towards gay and lesbian people have moved on.
However, I have not mentioned it in my blog before. I dont know why, its important and not important all at the same time. Everyone assumes that everyone else is heterosexual. I was reminded of this on Friday.
After work, I went shopping in Monsoon and LSP went shopping in a phone shop. I had just left monsoon when i had a call from LSP saying that she had sold my phone and I needed to come to the phone shop.
LSP had bought me a new phone for valentines day and had part exchanged my old one at the same time as getting herself a new phone. She said to the sales assistant that she would give the other half a call and when she had established that I was close by, let them know and was asked how soon her husband would be there. They were surprised when I walked in.
So, here we are, LSP and I are tucked up in front of the fire, The snow is getting thicker outside and we are watching Birdsong on BBC iplayer as the snow has knocked out the Sky signal.
The fire is keeping us toasty and warm, the dogs asleep in front of the fire.
I am hoping that the snow is still around in the morning as a brisk walk with the camera may be in order.

4 comments:
how sad and how wrong that you cannot enjoy the same ceremony others do to celebrate the relationship you have....i hope it changes very very soon.
I will join you for a jacques cider! Just need to put on my gas fire :) feels like Christmas today with all of the snow. It's not right about how slow this country is moving but one day you will be allowed to marry. Remember what is in your heart and strangers in a shop, no matter how small minded, can't take that away xxx
I hope you get to be married one day, it's not fair at all xx
It sounds proper homely in your home ;-)) I thought gay couple's could get married well have a civil partnership is that not the same? please excuse me for being ignorant. In my eyes it should be equal rights for everyone. You sound like a lovely couple and very much in love i think sometimes that is more important than a piece of paper but i can understand how you feel. dee x
Post a Comment