My good sewing intentions went by the wayside this weekend, I have everything I need just not the time. I need to find a better way of making the time for this. The weekend has been a whirl of shopping and chores, so what to blog about.....guess it will have to be about the dinner again.
We always enjoy a roast on a Sunday today we had roast pork with Yorkshire pudding, Roast potatoes and Braised red cabbage.
We enjoy braised red cabbage and for us we eat it from the start of Autumn right through till spring.
Again the recipe varies according to whats in the fridge. However, the basics are...
1 red cabbage sliced.
1 Bramley apple,
1 pint red wine,
1 tbs oil.
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 onion..
slice and lightly fry the onion. shred the red cabbage and place in a large saucepan or casserole dish.
I love how the freshly sliced cabbage is so pretty.
Cook for 30 minutes on the hob or 1 hour in the oven. If cooking on the hob remember to check it does not go dry, if necerserry top up with more wine. Then serve.......
Reb cabbage cooked this way stay's red and does not go blue. It is wonderfully rich and tasty and taste's even better the next day when the flavours have matured.
It goes very well with most roast meats and also with game. For vegetarians it goes well with quiches and tarts.
Hopefully tommorow I will be blogging about something I have created with the sewing machine and not just the cooker. (Tommorow is a tomato and bean stew btw)
Happy Blogging
No comments:
Post a Comment