What perils have I put myself in??
I went to the gym!
So am hopefully a little bit stronger (lol).
We signed up yesterday and went today.
Ok so the first thing I did was weigh in, I weigh 18.5 stone. (gulp) which is roughly twice the weight I should be. Imagine walking around all day giving someone a piggy back. well that's what my legs do everyday.
The next was the warm up, spent 15 minutes on the cycle and cycled for 5.3km. cycling on an exercise bike is not like cycling on a road bike as the positioning is all different, also there are not as many potholes. At the moment I need to be exercising and losing weight as well as building up my road cycling.
I maneuvered my way around most of the equipment. Different weight machine's to help build my arm and leg muscles, then I moved onto my arch Nemesis, the cross trainer! (it even looks like a torture device)
To those of us who are co-ordinatingly challenged. the cross trainer is the ultimate torture device. Walking around in the street, my arms and legs know exactly what to do! Put me on a cross trainer and it is laughable. I started off by walking backwards, then was walking but using only 1 leg, the other one was not making any effort it was just there for the ride, then my arms appeared to be doing all of the work. eventually I managed to get into some kid of rhythm, despite the fact that I had to cope with the most awful music that was on the unknown music channel that was blaring out across the gym. Note to self, bring MP3 player next time.Well before I knew it - the hour was up. I left the gym feeling tired but with a sense of self satisfaction.
Lets see how stiff I am in the morning!





No comments:
Post a Comment