I spent a lot of my summer attached to a small blue step counter.
This was because I was undertaking the global corporate challenge. Me and 6 other workmates, tried to walk as much as we could over 111 days.
It was not easy, not by a long shot. I walked and walked then walked some more. I walked to work, I walked across town, I walked the dogs sometimes together sometimes separately to maximise the walking potential. I would walk on my lunch breaks, I would walk up the very mean hills and down again. I would walk to the shops, I would walk round the shops. I would walk back from the shops, I would walk whilst geochacing, I walked on holiday, I walked at home, I walked in London, I walked in Scotland. I even walked on the spot.
In the end my step average was 14,969 steps per day, which was great - it could have been better if I had not had an operation at day 41 which slowed me down a bit. :(
In total I walked 1661605 steps, which is far!
So today we were rewarded for our effort's as my team was the top in our organisation and we were presented with a certificate, followed by an inpromptu visit to the Mayor for a quick handshake and a well done. It was great talking about all that we achieved and reminded me of how far I have come and how far I have to go....
Oh well aerobics tomorrow (yes really aerobics) and my step count for today.....18692 but who's counting!



No comments:
Post a Comment