If you can remember I am taking part in the global corporate challenge, which encourages you to walk more.
In my organisation there are 3 teams. Our team is currently 3rd.
However we are not that far behind the next team...
I am team captain. It is the captain's job to encourage/motivate (and occasionally nag) the team. It is also the team captain's job to set a good example!
That I have managed. Out of 21 participants I am 2nd! I am averaging 15.000 steps a day. The person who is in first is averaging 20.000 steps. As you can see by walking to and from work I can manage 10.000. However its not practical to do this everyday. I have to do walking lunches and trips with the dog and doing more miles on my bike will help!
The only drawback is...........I am ravenous..............
I am supposed to be on a diet as well and losing weight but I am craving food, food and more food!!!
The 3 meals and 3 snacks a day just is not cutting it. I have just eaten my dinner and am craving more. I will wait for 20 minutes and have a big drink. But I know, I will still want more.
In fact I did, whilst writing this blog, I have eaten my dinner + a snack + a toffee crisp!
I have a massive bowl of muesli and fresh banana for breakfast, washed down with hot coffee and occasionally some toast as well.
Mid morning snack is a cereal bar and a mug of tea.
Lunch is a big Salad, today was chicken, lettuce, celery and cucumber. washed down with water.
Afternoon snack is some wotsists (99 calories)
Then a normal dinner.
all good apart from all the other snacks that sneak their way into my day....we have a treat table at work however it is becoming more like a filling station! biscuits, brownies, chips, sweets, chocolate.......its my downfall.
I just need to be more strong willed and resist.
oh and keep walking!!!
Its an uphill struggle!!!!
2 comments:
Tha's fab. Well done you for keeping up your walking x
Hi Saphy,
I have a message from your midsummer swap partner, Julie, she is unable to leave a message for you at the moment as her blogger is playing up, and we can't find an email address for you. Could you leave her a message on her blog www.kcscourt.blogspot.com or even better email her from her profile.
Thanks
Sue Xx
Post a Comment