The Museum has over 100,000 exhibits displayed on FOUR floors of authentic shops, room-settings and with various displays covering 100 years of shopping and social history.
here are some highlights....
I could have spent hours in there. There was so much to see. I loved the things I could remember for my childhood, the things I had seen in old photo's from my parents and grandparents houses as well as stuff that was stuck at the back of my mum's cupboard!
I loved some of the make do and mend items such as the Pot mender's.
Could you imagine using your cooking pots for years and then when it develops a hole nipping down to the hardware store and getting some pot menders.
when was the last time you darned a sock?
What was also amazing was listening. I listened to the older people who were reminiscing about things that they had and had used. I could have spent the day there! So if you find yourself at a loose end and want to spend an hour or two then get yourself down there. Its the best £5 you can spend!
3 comments:
That looks an amazing place to visit - so much to see :)
The menfolk are doing their best with the housework - but they aren't naturals at it yet!!
BTW I do darn socks IF they are easily repaired - makes me feel virtuious!!
It looks like a fabulous place to visit - I'd spend hours looking at everything!
Oh YUM! All those beautiful collections! How fun! Happy Anniversary to you! *s*
Post a Comment