I cant tell you why dear reader, but lets just say, I would not repeat the last 8 days for all the tea in China.
So we have had to face each day new, keep calm, carry on and be there for each other. I have not felt much like blogging, or cooking or doing any of the things that normally make me happy!
In the end it has been the support of those close which has helped the most.
Monday to Friday happened....we got through each of the days, keeping calm and carrying on.
So today is the end of the weekend, the end of the week that we do not want to repeat!
So enough about the week, what about the weekend?
Table top sale....
where we purchased 2 amazing printers tray's which I have a plan for.......
Then in the afternoon some baby play.
yes, she was great therapy! We need to assemble a toy box as we amused BFL's baby with 2 wooden Ducks and 2 Headbands!! she is such a cool baby she kept us amused for ages.
A nice cup of tea with cupcakes.....provided by another friend...
In the end it has been the support of those close which has helped the most.
Monday to Friday happened....we got through each of the days, keeping calm and carrying on.
So today is the end of the weekend, the end of the week that we do not want to repeat!
So enough about the week, what about the weekend?
Table top sale....
where we purchased 2 amazing printers tray's which I have a plan for.......
Then in the afternoon some baby play.
yes, she was great therapy! We need to assemble a toy box as we amused BFL's baby with 2 wooden Ducks and 2 Headbands!! she is such a cool baby she kept us amused for ages.
A nice cup of tea with cupcakes.....provided by another friend...
yum!
Today we did some antiquing...
I found the most amazing display, It looked right and smelled right, It was like looking into an old mans shed!
All of the old toys had been lovingly brought back to life, oiled wood and glistening metal. Amongst the tools you would see a pair of shoes of some boxing gloves, a tilly lamp or a teacloth.
I just wanted to pull up a chair and sit in there a while, breathe in the smell and feel the wood....
However, with an LSP and OD and only an hour it was onwards to the next shop, not before bumping into another friend who was out with her family. We chatted whilst her son bought a gun and then went our separate ways.
LSP had found some things for Christmas and little things for the children, I could not find anything.
I scanned endless piles of china to see if there was any for our collections, looked for cute toys for the box or just general interesting things....
Nothing, no China, no toys (except for lead soldiers) and nothing that was interesting enough to make it into the house... that was until LSP spotted something....
Something different,
Something we do not have?
Something I would have never thought to buy,
a shell,
no not a conch shell
or a sea shell
A gun shell,
Yes a Gun Shell.
Now remember, that you should not have anything in your house that is not beautiful or useful!
This gun shell is far from beautiful
so it now has a job...
(yes those are bullet holes)
hope you all have a good week!

2 comments:
I hope this week is much better for you :)
Am jealous of the printers trays - I'd love one of those. My home isn;t complete - we've no gun shell ;)
I'm glad you had a lovely weekend and hope you are ok with the regards to the horrible week xx
Post a Comment