My Bike...
I am mainly loving my bike at the moment but have started to make some mistakes....
After 2 rest day's I got on the bike and cycled to the next village to meet a friend to go on a day's training.
Friend only lives 7 miles away so I set off in the dark and cycled into the wind.... it was slow going. However got there in an hour, which is not to bad (I average 10mph on the bike usually).
Now, its a delicate issue but, when cycling often you can get a sore posterior, the more you cycle the less it bother's you. However, on Monday I did not relish sitting on a hard chair all day !!!! There was a bit of fidgeting going on, I can tell you.
Well, we got back from the conference, had a cup of tea then I cycled back.... Monday was windy.
At one point it was so windy it blew me off my bike. yes seriously, right off!
If I had been riding a bit faster it would have been better, but no there I was cycling along then falling sideways!!! (I pushed my bike for a bit till there were hedges again)
Yesterday was a bigger cycle day. 30 miles.
Seems like a lot but was not to bad.... until I fell off.
yes again.
This time....I was standing still....yes standing still.
Standing with my bike on the kerb, balancing and before I knew it I was under my bike, in a bit of tangled heap!!! It was a shock to me.. and to the car driver who watched it happen...
Apart from a bobo on my knee, I was fine. just confused with dented pride.
As I said, love my bike/hate my bike!!
I was quite perplexed... so was the car
Well, we got back from the conference, had a cup of tea then I cycled back.... Monday was windy.
At one point it was so windy it blew me off my bike. yes seriously, right off!
If I had been riding a bit faster it would have been better, but no there I was cycling along then falling sideways!!! (I pushed my bike for a bit till there were hedges again)
Yesterday was a bigger cycle day. 30 miles.
Seems like a lot but was not to bad.... until I fell off.
yes again.
This time....I was standing still....yes standing still.
Standing with my bike on the kerb, balancing and before I knew it I was under my bike, in a bit of tangled heap!!! It was a shock to me.. and to the car driver who watched it happen...
Apart from a bobo on my knee, I was fine. just confused with dented pride.
As I said, love my bike/hate my bike!!
I was quite perplexed... so was the car
3 comments:
well your bike looks great, can we not blame the wind here instead??
Sounds like you cover a LOT of miles in a week..
I love my bike - missing it very much at the moment. I have the most comfy of saddles which reduces the bottom pain - definately something to think about buying. More an overstuffed armchair than a thin strip of plastic.
I am now starting to cover about 100miles per week. need it for my training.
Post a Comment