Labels

Dogs Weekend family walking spring Birthday Vintage Sunset christmas easter love shopping Autumn Cake Friday Hospital. LSP Sunday Valentines baby's books cleaning cooking cycle soup Afternoon Tea Antiques Black and White Movies Brighton Hat Lent Photographs Roast's Scotland bedroom chocolate brownie's. cold friend fund-raising gym headache migraine presents rain sickness slow cooker. vet weekends winter Aerobics Bake Blogging Candles Cath Kidston Glasgow Global Corporate Challenge Knitting Party Sad Sewing Snow Wedding bulbs bus change cow's daffodils eastbourne fireplace. flower's food friends garden gardening geocaching gerbil holiday lambs lie Ins lunch nurse park photography pillow case pink scone sick day. stress sun tidy tree walk wine work 1940's. Hats 1945. 40 day challenge ;ove A-Z Afternoon. Austria Bank holiday Beddles Bestie Brief Encounter Bristol Bugsy Malone Cambodia Capers Charity shops Charity. Children Chintz Chris Moyles Cinema Doctor's Dreaming Dressing Up Fitness Fun GCC God Gynaecology Hen Home Jack Daniels Jackdaw Jaffa cakes Jam Job cuts. Ladybird. Laura Ashley Liberty London Marlborough Morning Moving NHS Nan PCOS Purple Purple tights Radio 4 Relatives Religion Ritz Royal Wedding Santa Saturday Selfridge's Sins. Sleep Spring Cleaning Strawberry Daiquiri Sunday Roast Tea party Temple Theatre Tyrolean Roulette Unbirthday Vietnam Views Vincent Price Wales Windsor. Woman's Weekly Zorbing adverts apple apple blossom baby. bargin bear bed. black hole blanket blogger award blue blue sky bluebells boxes breakfast bunnies butterfly's butteries cabinet. biscuit candle. swapping car boot sale cats chair charity cherry blossom chicken's. country chicken's. recipe china christmas tree circuit training classic cars cocktail comic relief cornish yarg cuddles cupcake. cushion cycle. autumn. view daisies dancing. dandelion day off days off friends. decorating dew disco dreams ducks earth hour eggs facts about me farmers market feet. fire fish flora and purl flower's. flowers food. gate genesis research trust get well give-away glass goat goats graveyard hats head. hiccup holiday's horse hot chocolate hotels indulgence kitchen last parade lemon verbena tea lemonade library lion list loft luxury magnolia manipulation massage me meat. moon mother mousetrap museum neverwhere new dress new life new year new years eve niece night nostalgia nurses oatcakes otter's outing parade pearl's pedicure pie pigeon pins postcard pudding quiet raffle rainbow reading reflection. roly poly roses scavenger hunt school play. scones security shell shoots shopping. motorbike shops sister sister. smile sneeze socks spam spoons spring. stargazing statue steps study sunglasses tagged takeaway. tea technology the 13th. frost. time tip top toast tulip's tv unicycle unremarkable urban venison walking. walks wallpaper wardrobe washing weather window winter food woods. sun. worst week

Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Saphy's Progress: New name for 2012

Ok, so as we head for 2012, I am having a blog revamp.

1st change of title. Saphy's progress was when I was getting ready for my cycle, doing more crafting etc. However although life is a journey it is not always about improvement it can also be about being.

At my grandmother's funeral he described her as an unremarkable woman, at first I felt he was wrong. she was very remarkable as she was my grandmother. However, My Grandmother was unremarkable, she did not climb Everest, she did not go on x factor, she did not discover a cure for Cancer.

My Grandmother was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a great grandmother, a friend, a carer, a daughter.
she looked after the old and the young and loved her family. she had adventures in her youth and at times was incredibly brave, she faced the challenges of social stigma and was a loyal wife. I would like to be like her.

So that is the inspiration for the change of name.

I like my grandmother, would like to be unremarkable. I do not wish to be famous or infamous. I do not want to be a filmstar or a popstar. I am not looking for 15 minutes of fame.

 That does not mean that I lack ambition. I still want to try new things, to get better at crafting, to enjoy cooking and making. To get out with my camera at every opportunity and take photographs of everything that catches my eye. 

This year my blog has been very up and down as has life this year. In the past 12 months I have lost 2 more  of my significant relatives and had a rolercoaster of a time. some of which I have shared, a lot of which I have kept to myself.

So what does 2012 have in store??? who knows.

I aim to make more time for my friends.

I want to go to church for more than just funeral's.

I am going to try my hand at making soap.

I intend to keep on blogging.......

oh and to lead an unremarkable life!

8 comments:

mother of purl said...

Well I think you're extremely remarkable. Happy blogging in 2012 xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I loved this post, I completely agree so many people want to be "remarkable" and lose sight of just being!

Good luck being "unremarkable"!

Victoria xx

Anonymous said...

You are far from unremarkable!! Just keep on being you! xx

Tracy said...

what a wonderful post saphy, your grandmother may have been unremarkable but she was certainly an inspirational woman, i love the new name for the blog and am looking forward to seeing what you get up to in 2012 tracy x

moonstruckcreations said...

Love the new name for the blog.

Happy New Year!

Helenxx

VintageVicki said...

Sounds like a good plan - I too want 2012 to be unremarkable - just ordinary with no sadness or illness or injury.

ted and bunny said...

so here's to the New Year and what it may bring!
Wishing you all you wish for yourself
xx
ps its been a real rollercoaster year hasn't it, lets hope for better now its out of the way

Anonymous said...

If unremarkable means amazing, stoic and an inspiration then that definitely is you! Wishing you a really happy 2012 xxxx