The amazing thing about Scotland is that you can see four season's in one day.
We leave our home in the south west at midnight so we can zip through the boring bit in the dark.
The sun comes up as we hit the lake district which is beautiful enough but the real magic start's when we get to the east coast. Here are some of our highlights!
If you can see some odd reflection's its because most of these photo's were taken at 50mph! There is so much to see and to photograph it would take a week to get there if we were to stop the car just because I want to take a photo.
The Waterfall photo and the last one (which is loch Leven) were static shots as we had a brief stop.
Today We had friends round for Lunch, I made a lovely chicken dish, pan fried chicken with a mushroom, spinach and parmasan sauce, finished in the oven and served with jersey royal potatoes, cabbage, green beans and carrots.
Finished off with Jam roly poly and Birds custard...yum.
I have been on a bit of a nostalgic food trip lately, I think its being in Scotland and having Jam and Butteries for breakfast. Butteries or butter roll's are flat bread rolls traditionally made with butter and lard folded together. Although nowadays they are more healthy.... I like them lightly toasted and spread liberally with strawberry jam. mmmm.
I have had craving's for jam and spam and tip top.......
So tonight I had a Spam sandwich with pickle on white bread spread with butter. I am going to have a bit of left over roly poly for my supper.
In the cupboard there is a small tin of tip top and some tinned pears which may meet up in the week...
I have another busy week ahead next week but will try and blog when I can.
Have a great bank holiday!



2 comments:
fantastic photos - there's nowhere like the North!
Stunning photos, and what a relaxing way to see them all on the train :)
Sue Xx
Post a Comment