We had to do a favour for my BIL in London so, on the way home we went to Windsor great park.
I love it there. If you want pretty you can go down to Virginia water's or to Savil gardens and admire the plants. We would have done Virginia Waters today however, As the PGA was on at Wentworth we felt it was best to stick to the Windsor side.
We were careful with our speed!
(not 30 mph or 40 mph or even 35mph)
We walked round Russell's pond, which was blissfully quiet. We only saw 2 people the whole time we were there. The wildlife however, was in abundance. Unfortunately we only had my camera so no amazing close ups. (more squinting required)
This is a Kite,
You can just see the fork in the tail. It was amazing to see it flying around!
We also saw a buzzard and some Mandarin Ducks, both of which were to quick for me!
We did see 2 Canada Geese and some gosling's...
The star of the walk however was not the view's or the wildlife but the Spaniel!
So he only very rarely gets allowed off the lead. As today was very quiet we did let him have a run. He loved it.
(look no strings)
We put him back on the lead after a gun shot sent him running in the wrong direction. He is very skittish.
Well it was a good job we did as he managed to launch himself into the Pond!
We rounded the corner and he fell into a ditch, luckily it was a dry ditch, so we hauled him out.
we walked around the pond and on the way back he fell into the same ditch!!!!
Once we were passed the pond we let him off the lead again for a short while. Now do you remember I mentioned there were only 2 other people there today, well the Spaniel took a liking to one of them. A strange woman walked past us and the spaniel followed her! well we managed to get him back put him back on the lead and the rest of the walk was pretty uneventful.
Near to the car park was a heard of long horned cattle. I have a liking for cow's of all breeds. they are such lovely animal's.
I grew up in a small village and the farm nearest to my house had a small herd of dairy and beef cattle. I used to love going over there. I would help with the milking and getting the cows in. I used to love watching the steers as they grew up and was heart broken when they went for beef. (did not stop me from eating beef)
I have a strong affection for cattle. I take photo's at any opportunity.
Sorry for the lack of Blogging I have been so busy since I went back to work. Well its a combo of work and tiredness!! We have another trip planned so I will put the camera battery on charge!!


1 comment:
I'm glad I'm not the only cow lover aorund - whenever I go to the Jura in France I end up with more photos of cows than anything else!
Love hearing about your spaniel, you made me me lol!!
Post a Comment