This morning, Dog 2 needed to go to the vet's for his operation to remove a tooth, he is an old dog and a cocker spaniel and they do have quite weak teeth.
This morning was a bit of a rush so I found myself, outside with the dog, late and without my jacket. So dog 2 and I ran (well jogged) to the vet. It was v v cold. I was wearing a t shirt and a cardigan and shoes with no socks. We arrived 2 minutes early (yay) and then waited 20 minutes for the vet to check him in. En route to the wet we walked past some woodlands and I was eye to eye with a Montjac deer. (the wind meant that dog 2 could not smell him) Now I did not have my camera, but it was still a magical moment. me and the deer looking at each other, before he turned and ran away.
Now dog 2 was confused. 1) he had no breakfast. 2) he was out for an early walk 3) he was at the vet again!
Dog 2 does not always think he is a dog, sometimes he thinks he is people. and as he thinks he is people he does like to sit on, sofa's, beds, chairs, benches etc. now sitting on seats is not allowed at the vet and as dog 2 does not like dogs (he is old, blind and antisocial) I try to keep him away from other dogs as the result involves lots of barking. (I must just point out he is a lovely dog and we love him very much, he gets on well with dog1 but as he cant see he does get loud when faced with other dogs).
So on the floor, he barks and he is not allowed on the seat. Guess who sat on my lap for 20 minutes!
Dog deposited.
Go to work. (not a great day)
Collect Dog.
Pay Bill.
(ouch....bill was double the estimate as he needed some more work. a serious amount of money)
(yes we have insurance but does not cover very old dogs dental)
Dog is now sore and dopey, he has had painkillers and something to keep him calm. He is lying on his bed half awake and half asleep.
We love him so much and want him to feel better soon. x x x
4 comments:
Oh I hope he feels better very soon too, he looks like a character!
xxx
Ah poor little guy, hope he is on the mend soon.
Helenxx
Hello!..first of all what an adorable dog, he is so lovely i hope he gets better very soon, what a hectic day! I'm very excited to find just now that i'm your swap partner in Lissy Lou's Vintage Easter Swap! I thought i'd just drop by very quickly now to say hi, and am looking forward to reading your blog and collecting ideas for the swap very soon..i'm new to the blogging world myself i'm afraid, i only created my page a couple of weeks ago, but i'm really, really enjoying it already and very much looking forward to this swap. I will be in touch soon, best wishes, Marina xx
Poor doggy! He looks adorable and is obviously very well loved. I hope he is back to 'normal' soon. Ann x
Post a Comment