Labels

Dogs Weekend family walking spring Birthday Vintage Sunset christmas easter love shopping Autumn Cake Friday Hospital. LSP Sunday Valentines baby's books cleaning cooking cycle soup Afternoon Tea Antiques Black and White Movies Brighton Hat Lent Photographs Roast's Scotland bedroom chocolate brownie's. cold friend fund-raising gym headache migraine presents rain sickness slow cooker. vet weekends winter Aerobics Bake Blogging Candles Cath Kidston Glasgow Global Corporate Challenge Knitting Party Sad Sewing Snow Wedding bulbs bus change cow's daffodils eastbourne fireplace. flower's food friends garden gardening geocaching gerbil holiday lambs lie Ins lunch nurse park photography pillow case pink scone sick day. stress sun tidy tree walk wine work 1940's. Hats 1945. 40 day challenge ;ove A-Z Afternoon. Austria Bank holiday Beddles Bestie Brief Encounter Bristol Bugsy Malone Cambodia Capers Charity shops Charity. Children Chintz Chris Moyles Cinema Doctor's Dreaming Dressing Up Fitness Fun GCC God Gynaecology Hen Home Jack Daniels Jackdaw Jaffa cakes Jam Job cuts. Ladybird. Laura Ashley Liberty London Marlborough Morning Moving NHS Nan PCOS Purple Purple tights Radio 4 Relatives Religion Ritz Royal Wedding Santa Saturday Selfridge's Sins. Sleep Spring Cleaning Strawberry Daiquiri Sunday Roast Tea party Temple Theatre Tyrolean Roulette Unbirthday Vietnam Views Vincent Price Wales Windsor. Woman's Weekly Zorbing adverts apple apple blossom baby. bargin bear bed. black hole blanket blogger award blue blue sky bluebells boxes breakfast bunnies butterfly's butteries cabinet. biscuit candle. swapping car boot sale cats chair charity cherry blossom chicken's. country chicken's. recipe china christmas tree circuit training classic cars cocktail comic relief cornish yarg cuddles cupcake. cushion cycle. autumn. view daisies dancing. dandelion day off days off friends. decorating dew disco dreams ducks earth hour eggs facts about me farmers market feet. fire fish flora and purl flower's. flowers food. gate genesis research trust get well give-away glass goat goats graveyard hats head. hiccup holiday's horse hot chocolate hotels indulgence kitchen last parade lemon verbena tea lemonade library lion list loft luxury magnolia manipulation massage me meat. moon mother mousetrap museum neverwhere new dress new life new year new years eve niece night nostalgia nurses oatcakes otter's outing parade pearl's pedicure pie pigeon pins postcard pudding quiet raffle rainbow reading reflection. roly poly roses scavenger hunt school play. scones security shell shoots shopping. motorbike shops sister sister. smile sneeze socks spam spoons spring. stargazing statue steps study sunglasses tagged takeaway. tea technology the 13th. frost. time tip top toast tulip's tv unicycle unremarkable urban venison walking. walks wallpaper wardrobe washing weather window winter food woods. sun. worst week

Saturday, 5 May 2012

fluffy sleep assassins

here we are its 06.45 am at the weekend and the dogs have had me up for over an hour! Dont worry they are both back to sleep now, it is just me who is wide awake. There has been no blog this week as I have been on a training course and have no space in my head to think about anything else. Normal service will be temporarily returned over this weekend.

Yesterday morning, the dogs woke me up at 3am (nice) As I was up I put a load of washing on. As the load came to an end I was thinking that the machine was not running right. After the load had finished, I stopped and checked the trap. Now when I replaced the trap, I did not realise it had not gone in correctly.... I did not realise but LSP did.

How LSP discovered this was by the unique way the washing machine washed the entire floor. yes the washing machine simultaneously filled and emptied with the soapy water filling the kitchen. Now our kitchen is not massive so it turned into a paddling pool. The dogs both reacted in their own way.

The spaniel panicked, span around in a circle, slipped, hurt his leg (mildly) yelped and splashed his way out of the kitchen. The labrador, pondered the situation and just laid down. yes laid down in the middle of the water. now this may have been her way of trying to help soak up the water but I doubt it.

All of this information was commuted to me by text. I shared this with the people I was training with much to the amusement of the group. (in a break of course). When I returned home, I had a look but was not in the mood for pulling out the tool box. The kitchen slate floor was very, very clean.

So this morning, when the doggies woke me up at 6am I approached the washing machine with tools in hand. with the help of pliers I managed to get the trap out again. for some reason it did not want to go back in, so yes I lay on the floor, torch in hand and could see nothing. No reason why it was now it would not now fit. So....I used some washing up liquid as a lubricant and hurrah! it is back in and the washing is happily  washing itself in the machine.

So my fluffy sleep assassins,  its like having 2 annoying toddlers. They wake us up in the night for a drink or a wee or just for a whine. As they are old we are back and forth to the vet all the time. The Labrador needs monthly injections to help her joints and the Spaniel has developed a gland problem. Now dogs have a gland that, when blocked needs draining, (if you have a dog you know what I mean, If you have not had a dog you dont want to know) It is possible to learn how to do this yourself at home!!!! We take the dog to the vet for the vet to do it. Now I am not normally squeamish, but this is one thing I cannot be in the room for and LSP had to go and take the poor spaniel in.

This course I am on is an hour away from home so I spend 2 hours a day just travelling. This is where my kindle has come into its own. LSP bought me my kindle and I was very reluctant as I do not read a lot and thought of it as a waste of money. LSP bought me one anyway as a treat and I filled it full of free books. there are so many free books out there, especially the classics, Grimms fairy tales, Oliver, A portrait of Dorian Gray, Great Expectations, Dracula.....etc. I was happy with the free books and have spent the week reading Grimm's Fairy tales. Gosh they are dark and clearly the brother's Grimm had an issue with stepmother's. Stepmother's consistently conspire to murder their step-daughter or to make them slaves. (think Cinderella and Snow White). I have this week now purchased a book for kindle as well.

A History of Christianity, the first 3000 years. by Diarmaid MaCulloch. It is a subject that interests me greatly. Now why get it on kindle? It is huge, its the size of my handbag! That is one of the main advantages of my kindle is that it can fit happily in my handbag, alongside everything else.

It is now a more reasonable hour so time to hang up the washing and feed the fluffy sleep assassins their breakfast. Have a happy weekend everyone.





1 comment:

Dawn said...

Youy dogs'antics have made me chuckle! And I totally agree that dealing with 'that gland' is best left to the vet!