This is the highlights from our Sunday lunch. well the visual ones at least. I started cooking at 10am and we ate at 1pm. We had roast chicken or stuffed mushrooms if you were a veggie. roast potatoes, home made stuffing, yorkshire pudding, clapshot, cabbage and cauliflower cheese finished with home made bannoffee pie.
Preparation is a leisurely affair, I started with making the crumb for the bannoffee pie, then into the fridge. I prepared the chicken and popped it into the oven, along with the pan for the potatoes, pealed the potatoes and parsnips and put them into blanch, cut the cauliflower, put the potatoes and parsnips into the hot oil and then into the oven, cut and chopped the carrot and swede for the clapshot. stuffed the mushrooms and made stuffing, put cauliflower in dish, made cheese sauce, lay table, cut cabbage, make yorkshire mix, spread toffee on crumb, chop banana's whip cream, sprinkle chocolate,have a shower, remove chicken, remove potatoes, bake cauliflower, bake mushroom, bake stuffing, return potatoes, cook yorkies, boil clapshot, boil cabbage, mash clapshot, slice chicken, make gravy, serve, eat enjoy.
We had friends for lunch, so eating was also leisurely. I love to cook for people, to share our table and our food. We talked and it was good. To spend that precious time with people. to, sit, to talk, to listen, to share, to support, to laugh, to enjoy. I would love to have more Sunday's like this.
3 comments:
just one question...what is clapshot?
It all looks delicious.
xxx
Sunday was a lovely sunny day down here - perfect for sharing quality time with friends! Jx
Hi
Still trying to get in touch about the swap.
Did you still want to do it?
Proby
http://bekisbloggybits.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2012-04-27T04:29:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false
Post a Comment