So LSP and I put on a happy face and did the shopping.
This afternoon we had both of our daughter's and older daughter's boyfriend round for dinner.
As you know I love cooking and baking but today there was no way I was going to stand and cook a roast.
So, For the first time ever, I used Frozen roast potatoes.
I drew the line at using pre-made yorkies (Aunt Bessie has never crossed this door)
They all said it tasted fine, I was surprised as they did not taste to bad at all, not as good as home made but not to bad, I served them all alongside some frozen veg and some lovely pork steak's which I used a M&S sticky marinade over...yum.
To finish we treated ourselves to Banoffee Pie and raspberry torte (from Tesco) yum....This was some compensation for staying in on a most glorious of day's!
I was pleased with the table though...
I have 20 minutes left to eat as I need to fast from 8pm tonight until my hospital appointment at 9am in the morning. I then have to be there for 2.5 hours so I have saved my Country Living magazine which I will read from cover to cover, that and my I-pod and I will be fine.
I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the sunshine.......
I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the sunshine.......





1 comment:
Oooh yum, sounds scrummy. Sorry your head still hasn't let up, hope all goes well tomorrow x
Post a Comment