Ok so a non Migraine blog!!!
I was very lucky today that my friend popped in to wish me well and brought me some get well flower's.
How, sweet. Thank you!
We have lots of flower's in the house at the moment.
Simple white Chrysanthemum's against the duck egg blue walls in the dinning room!
Sunny Daff's on the kitchen windowsill.
And my lovely tulip's.
flower's feature a lot in our home.
This is our Lemonade set.
It is a wonderful jug and 6 glasses, all hand painted. It would look great on a little Garden table filled with home made lemonade. However, I have never used it. I would not ever trust that one of the glasses would not get chipped or broken.
I do not think it is sad that it does not get used, I appreciate it sitting in the china cabinet in the dinning room.
I bought it about 16 years ago
I spotted it all those years ago in an antique shop in Swindon. I was 19 years old and was earning about £135 per week. It was listed as a 1930's hand painted lemonade set and was £35. I remember talking the dealer down to £30 and agreeing to me paying for it at £5 per week. I was so happy when I finished paying for it.
At that time I had nowhere to put it, but I knew one day I would. It has moved 4 times and survived! It spent most of its time with me in boxes as there was never anywhere to safely display it. So it waited.
and waited.
Until 4 1/2 years ago when we bought a display cabinet with our wedding gift voucher's.
It finally found a home and has a place where it is seen and appreciated!
It is one of my favourite ever purchases.
5 comments:
Love the lemonade set- perfect for Pimms!
Hi just found your blog :o) Love the lemonade set and what a fabulous story to go with it - would love to own one like that. Scarlett x
sorry that your'e still feeling poorly..hope it starts to get better for you..
loving the lemonade set.. really pretty.
Thank you for popping over to my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
love
Lyn
xxx
I suffered migraine for years - then I discovered I was allergic to chocolate - and the headaches went Then the headaches returned - and the oil ran out in our central heating - and the head aches went again!
hmmmmmmmm!
Post a Comment