Why? (you may ask as it is a very odd Birthday present) a few years ago we were having a discussion on facebook about what we were having for dinner. we had responses of lasagne, stew, etc. until my friend posted coco pops and pear cider! What then followed was suggestions such as " we have milk on ours"....Shortly afterwards it was her birthday so that commenced her birthday ritual of a nicely presented box of coco pops and bottle of Magners!
Yesterday was horrendously busy. I had made a lovely greek salad and angel delight for my lunch, I popped it in the fridge at work. It is still there! my lunch was a packet of mini chedders and an oat biscuit. I did however have some good laughs to get me through the day. Whilst on the bus I was able to check my facebook on my phone.
2 stories to share.
1 LSP at 09:15
Perfect tossed salad Tip 3 drop lunch pot on level 4 of staff car park
How to look cool Tip 67 Do not chase lunch pot rolling down the ramps as colleagues arrive at work
Oh yes I laughed, LSP has the same pot as I do, so is lovely and circular.
2: SIL at 09.45 am.
Smart things to do when you really, really have to pee after coming in from a very muddy dog walk.
1. call the elevator - whilst waiting, remove jacket and untie laces on walking boots
2. remove dog lead and sunglasses, prepare keys
3. check that very long, trailing boot laces do NOT get hopelessly stuck underneath the inner lift doors, causing them to jam, but close enough to being fully closed that they activate the outer door lock
4. use fingers and keys to pry said jammed lift doors open, and pray that the outer door will unlock
5. bounce on the floor repeatedly to avoid peeing oneself
1. call the elevator - whilst waiting, remove jacket and untie laces on walking boots
2. remove dog lead and sunglasses, prepare keys
3. check that very long, trailing boot laces do NOT get hopelessly stuck underneath the inner lift doors, causing them to jam, but close enough to being fully closed that they activate the outer door lock
4. use fingers and keys to pry said jammed lift doors open, and pray that the outer door will unlock
5. bounce on the floor repeatedly to avoid peeing oneself
I love my family and friends and that they are willing to share on facebook. It really helped me get through the day.
I got home and we then had to go to visit a friend who is in hospital as they have had surgery.
We arrived with a can of coke, (its what she wanted) and then made her laugh for the next 45 minutes. I know she had just had surgery and was sore but could not help it ! laughter is not always the best medicine when you have stitches.
Today, has so far been the perfect antidote to last week, we have been shopping (the good kind as well as food shopping) we have just had lunch and I am going to sit with a cake and read country living, whilst getting ready to go and have a swim, sauna, Jacuzzi and massage...ahhh. then its seafood linguine for dinner.
lovely day (and there is sunshine) .....
1 comment:
Coco Pops and cider - sounds blooming amazing :o)) Scarlett x
Post a Comment