The early morning light was beautiful.
The spring plants are looking pretty.
As it was early, I baked some bread as we were having someone for lunch.
I made pastry for the quiche, I do not wrap in cling film, I use my baking sheets to put in the fridge
I then roll it out on the baking sheet, It holds it really well for transfer into the tin.
Its a Pate Brisee (all butter shortcrust)
The morning was glorious, so quiet and calm,
Perfect for hanging out the washing.
Now this was a lovely morning. I was pottering to the extreme. it was bliss, I had radio 4 on all morning,
cleaning, cooking, meditating, reading, baking. lovely.
Then LSP came downstairs.
I was listening to the Sunday Service and it was a very good one. within 2 minutes of appearing in the kitchen, the dogs are dancing round the kitchen one of them with a bag on her head and they are both barking LSP is being helpful and ended up putting a bag down on the rolls that were proving. (it was chaos).
A different vintage tablecloth today.
I love the way it looks on the table and in the room.
I made a simple lunch of quiche and salad.
quiche was onion, mushroom and spinach with parmasan.
Home made bread rolls.
With Salad and new potato's. was yummy.
I am now shattered.
hope you all had a fab weekend.
2 comments:
Your lunch looks yummy and I love the vintage cloth. P
Mmm... just my kind of lunch and just my kind of early sunday morning, too:)
Post a Comment