"There is a black bird in my dining room!
I have just ran from my dining room, screaming ITSABIRDITSABIRDITSABIRD!!!!!"
This was OD's (older daughter's)facebook status an hour ago. I was halfway across town having not finished work till after 6pm.
This is not the first time we have had a bird down the chimney, however this was the first time I was not here. OD and LSP dealt with it on their own.
This is the story as played out on facebook:
OD: There is a black bird in my dining room!
I have just ran from my dining room, screaming ITSABIRDITSABIRDITSABIRD!!!!!
LSP:Given that you had just left the room with the gerbil, I was somewhat confused!
OD:poor tiff.. (Tiffany is the gerbil)
LSP: Well you did abandon her to the swooping jackdaw!
ME: Is it out of the room or waiting for me to get home? (I love facebook on my mobile)
LSP: it has left the building via window, after swooping down on the gerbil who is now in hyper alert attack mode and has not been pacified by treats, we can't find the adele cd and the dogs are seeking attention, think I will go back to work lol xxx, when you home?
ME: Lol, is the wine ok?
LSP: all good though might need a dust! x
Me: Lol, I only dusted it last night! When OD was screaming its a bird, did you think she had learned magic and transformed tiff?
LSP:no I just though she had lost it to be honest lol
Friend: lol - I miss family life!
This is mating season for Jackdaw's. However I am not sure what part of the mating ritual involves throwing themselves down our chimney's. They like to alternate between the sitting room and dining room. We have attempted to get someone to put a cage over but they keep letting us down.
the first time a jackdaw came down it was while we were on holiday. We returned home late and put the children to bed (they were you young then. We had loaded up the washing machine and were getting ready for bed ourselves when we heard scrabbling in the chimney. this was in the sitting room where we have a woodburning stove.
(this was Christmas)
All we could do was open the hatch next to the stove and hope the bird would see the light and come down. We went up to bed with finger's crossed. Very early the next morning there was a knock at the bedroom door. YD (youngest Daughter) popped her head round the door and said "there is a bird in the sitting room" We said, oh ok just go back to bed and we will sort it out. We went downstairs and managed to get it to fly out the window. YD was very confused, not just about the bird but also about our not excited response!
from the earlier facebook conversation, you may have been confused when I asked LSP about the wine! Well our other fireplace does not contain a fire any more it contains our wine rack.
Which I did only dust last night..... oh well, happy Monday everyone!!!
4 comments:
Am chuckling after reading this (obviously not at the trauma of having a bird down the chimney etc!) but at the beautiful in which you told the story! Twas lovely xx
i am so freaked out by birds that i fear i would have to drink your wine collection just to get over the shock!!
i would love to have an open fireplace in our living room but i think that is one thing that would put me off the fear of the birds flying down the chimney!!
hope the gerbil is ok!
Hi Saphy, I've put my award on my blog now, thanks again.
Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!
Wonder why birds do such crazy things? Mind you I had some excitement last night with a mouse that my cat bought in last night - what a carry on!
Helenxx
Post a Comment