This morning we had to take the dogs to the vet for their annual MOT. Now for anyone with older dogs will know that this is not straightforward, now us people we go in with a list of things we know needs attention, then the vet adds some more.
Now dog 1 is going to get some new treatment for her arthritis as she is struggling with her joints. This will mean lots of trips in the next few weeks.
The other bits and pieces are related to her age and getting older so are best left alone in an old lady.
(she still is so beautiful)
Now dog 2 we had as a rescue pup and he has always had bad teeth, we brush them and he has lots of bones and chews but sadly he needs to have a tooth out so will be going in in the next couple of weeks.
(we have not told him yet, that's why he looks happy)
So over the next few weeks we will be seeing a lot of this.
Now that was not the stressful part of the day.
We have been helping someone over the past few years. This help has been emotional, practical and financial. In October things took a turn for the worse for him and as he was in a bad way, no home, no job and feeling very low, We gave him a place to stay. We gave him food. We gave him clothes. We gave him support.
I am sad to say, he left today. In the 3 months we supported him he gave us nothing but lies.
We are gutted.
It is not just being out of pocket financially it is about trying to do all you can for someone and them throwing it back in your face.
As I said yesterday every ending is a new beginning.
We get our guest room back and as we are having friends and relatives coming from overseas it is much nicer for them to have a room to stay in rather than a blow up bed in the dining room.
Here is my blank canvas, I have cleaned down the woodwork but its still quite grubby, luckily the paper we did for Older Daughter is still in good condition so we will just need to repaint the woodwork..
(talking of daughter's last night our younger daughter went out at 8.30pm for a drink with friends she came back in the early hours of this morning with a mohican, a trendy one with hair at the sides not shaved.)
Well, back to the room. here it is.
The bed will be going as we are changing it for a small double, apart from that all the furniture will be staying. the wardrobe unit hides the boiler and was built for us a few years ago. The little chest makes a fab seat/ bedside table/toybox.
Also the darkwood ercol corner unit. we love it and it used to live in the sitting room before we got a larger sofa. it is handy as storage and has its own charm.
I am looking forward to making the changes and of course I will share them with you.
As I said earlier on in the week, security is important. When someone lies to you and takes you for a ride you have to take precautions.
New locks are in.
I am now off to do some therapeutic baking.
Also the darkwood ercol corner unit. we love it and it used to live in the sitting room before we got a larger sofa. it is handy as storage and has its own charm.
I am looking forward to making the changes and of course I will share them with you.
As I said earlier on in the week, security is important. When someone lies to you and takes you for a ride you have to take precautions.
New locks are in.
I am now off to do some therapeutic baking.





4 comments:
An action like that is so very hard to take. Sadly there are people like that who will always take but very rarely give back. I have that around in my life too and I know how very hard it is. You have to grit your teeth and hopefully that person will not do the same thing to others who try to help. Love and best wishes. Ann x
It's hard when your friendship and trust is broken especially by someone you have let into your personal space, but I think you have a perfect attitude that this is a new beginning for you, onwards and upwards as they say!!!
aahhh im sorry to read your post. Its horrible when life throws a bad egg at you so to speak. I was married to an alcoholic and it was the hardest 3 years of my life. The one lesson that i did learn from that experience is that people have to help themselves if they don't there is nothing you can do. Bless your dogs i bet they bring you lots of joy and comfort. Take care and be kind to yourself. dee x
Your dogs are lovely - vets trips get harder with every year, I find. My pup has yet to learn to be afraid!
Post a Comment