These are pictures of my mother, she died 4 years ago today. Sometimes it feels like she has been gone 5 minutes, sometimes it feels like she has been gone a lifetime. The pain of losing her has subsided. I no longer feel that ache, that hole where she once was. I can now get through, birthday's Christmas's, mother's days and anniversaries without crying.
This does not mean I don't think about her or miss her. I do. I have thought about her everyday since she died and I miss her.
I miss being able to pick up the phone and speak to her, to ask her advice and cooking and knitting, to hear the gossip from the village or to hear the stories that she had told me 100 times before.
The night she died will be forever imprinted in me, we sat there with her as she died. I am so glad that she was not on her own and she knew that she was loved.
Tonight we went to her grave and left some tulips for her.
I Love you Mom.



5 comments:
I love the top picture- such a pretty dress and lovely shoes, they don't make children's shoes like that any more.
You are so lucky to have had such a wonderful mummy and I'm so sad for you that she's gone xxx
What lovely pictures of your mum Saphy - in these days of digital photography its easy to forget that people didnt always take a lot of photos. My sister died in the 50's as a baby, I think only about half a dozen photos of her were taken.
So sorry to hear of your loss, but I hope that the beautiful memories you have will always help you through difficult times.
Helenxx
That's a really beautiful memorial post. Glad to hear you're able to share those memories and pictures with us. Have a lovely weekend :)
Beautiful pictures of your mum, you were in my thoughts today x
Those are beautiful words for your Mum. My brother died two years ago so I know how you felt at the time and how you feel now, acceptance is the key I think. So glad you were with her, that makes it a lot easier and I'm pleased you have so many lovely memories too. I love the earlier photo, her dress is beautiful and she looks beautiful too.
Post a Comment